Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at> on 2009/12/01 19:51:59 UTC

Plug-in doesn't see configuration

Hi all,

I have a project that I am trying to build, but one of the plug-ins can't read
its configuration!

When I build the project as a single project, everything is fine. This leads
me to believe that the POM is actually correct. However, when I build the
project as part of the larger group of projects it belongs to, the build
doesn't work and Maven tells me the configuration can't be found

My POM.xml:
<plugin>
  <groupId>at.statistik.equest.generator</groupId>
  <artifactId>maven-eclipse-rcp-mojo</artifactId>
  <inherited>false</inherited>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <id>install</id>
      <goals>
        <goal>product</goal>
      </goals>
      <phase>process-sources</phase>
      <configuration>
        <eclipseRcpVersion>3.4.1.0</eclipseRcpVersion>
        <outputDirectory>${project.basedir}/..</outputDirectory>
      </configuration>
    </execution>
  </executions>
</plugin>

I tried moving the configuration outside of the execution, but that didn't
help either. And I will need it inside the execution anyway, so it wouldn't
have helped much anyway...

This is the output Maven gives me when trying to build the complete group of
projects:
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing
for 'eclipse-rcp-mojo:product'

[0] Inside the definition for plugin 'maven-eclipse-rcp-mojo' specify the
following:

<configuration>
  <eclipseRcpVersion>VALUE</eclipseRcpVersion>
</configuration>.

Can someone tell me why the project builds as a stand-alone project, but
doesn't when I run several projects?

--
Roland Asmann

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27