Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vekemans Tom <to...@mil.be> on 2004/09/23 09:13:03 UTC

Access web from behind a proxy

Hi,

We are dealing with an application which consists of some servlets
(running on our Tomcat server) contacting an external server through
HTTP calls.

We have a proxy server + firewall between our server and the external
one, so we *must* pass trough this proxy server. What I am looking for
is a way to tell Tomcat to use that proxy for outbound calls, but I
don't get it to work.

I can find a lot of documentation on Tomcat+Proxy but it all talks about
Tomcat being the destination of the requests. In my case, it is the
origin...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Vekemans

Re: Access web from behind a proxy

Posted by Andras Balogh <an...@reea.net>.
Hello,

This is more like a java question, javva has paramters to set up a proxy
when making http request
(with java.net.URLConnection):
-Dhttp.proxyHost=IP-Proxy-Server -Dhttp.proxyPort=PORT-Proxy-Server
I hope i understood your problem correctly.

Best regards,
Andras.