Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rokibul Islam Khan <ro...@spectrum-bd.com> on 2004/10/17 07:16:36 UTC

cocoon call back to jsp with params

Hi,
I am trying to use cocoon extensively for report publishing. For using
cocoon as report publisher I need to call back from cocoon to my web
application (based on struts) with params. When user request for any
report i forward the request to cocoon. The problem is when cocoon call
the corresponding jsp ( the jsp call the business object for retreving
data and render itself in xml) for retrieving xml from application. In
normal case its working fine. But when I need creiate area based
retrieving then I have to send the parameters to cocoon and cocoon have
to request the the xml generator jsp with those params. Any body have
any idea that how can I do that or any alternet idea to do that ?

Im using the following pipeline match pattern for viewing the employee
report.
            <map:match pattern="employees.html">
                <map:generate
src="http://localhost:8080/Reports/pages/xml/allemployees.jsp"/>
                <map:transform src="allemployeeshtml.xsl"/>
                <map:serialize type="html"/>
            </map:match>

RE: cocoon call back to jsp with params

Posted by Conal Tuohy <co...@paradise.net.nz>.
Rokibul Islam Khan wrote:

> But when I need creiate area based retrieving then I have to send
> the parameters to cocoon and cocoon have to request the the xml
> generator jsp with those params. Any body have any idea that
> how can I do that or any alternet idea to do that ?

Use the RequestParameterModule
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/modules-ref.html#RequestParam
eterModule

Cheers!