Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Karl Kirch <kk...@wdtinc.com> on 2013/04/24 20:41:28 UTC

Broker List vs Zookeeper

Any advice on using a static broker list vs using zookeeper? I keep having fits with keeping things stable with zookeeper involved (i.e. dropped connections).

If I use a static broker list do I still get failover if a broker goes down? (i.e. 1 broker goes down, will my producers still try to send message to it?)

Thanks,
Karl

Re: Broker List vs Zookeeper

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Typically, if you use broker list, you will set up a VIP in a load balancer
in front of all brokers.

Thanks,

Jun