Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by zhou weitao <zh...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/04 14:52:04 UTC

How to count *staged task* in mesos?

HI,

Can anybody give me a hand about the definition of amount of *staged task*
at left sidebar of mesos-master web-ui?

In the mesos-master web-ui, I saw that staged_task=43 and started_task=0 at
the left sidebar, while the right content is showing that there are about
100 active tasks.

attached.

weitao zhou @DataMan

Re: How to count *staged task* in mesos?

Posted by zhou weitao <zh...@gmail.com>.
Related issue I searched on Jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1332?jql=project%20%3D%20MESOS%20AND%20text%20~%20task_starting

weitao zhou @DataMan

> Answer my own question. Under version 0.22, the metrics about "staged
> tasks", "started tasks" is present tense instead gauge, whatever master or
> slave. BTW, mesos did't handle "started tasks" which is mapped to
> TASK_STARTING in master/state.json yet, or the amount of started tasks is 0
> always.
>
> We also need the consistent state names between frontend and backend.
>

> weitao zhou @DataMan

>> HI, jiansheng,
>>
>> I prefer it is my misunderstanding on staged_task instead bug, so I
>> didn't trace logs. :-)
>>

>> weitao @DataMan

>>> HI:
>>>   weitao.
>>>
>>>   I thinks you maybe provide blow infomations:
>>>
>>> 0、your deployed mesos Environment and version and depending software
>>> info.
>>> 1、How did you operation happened for this.

Posted by zhou weitao <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by zhou weitao <zh...@gmail.com>.
HI, jiansheng,

Posted by 适兕 <li...@gmail.com>.