Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Yves Langisch <li...@langisch.ch> on 2004/06/10 15:46:14 UTC

commons-httpclient.jar

All,

I just checked out the latest CVS sources and tried to build the jar but
it seems that the build process needs the commons-httpclient.jar
library. I can't find this library in the repository. I downloaded it
from the HttpClient project site and now the build works fine. Is there
an explanation why it's not in the cvs?

Yves

Re: commons-httpclient.jar

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Yves,

that's because I modified the Axis deployment files and specfied to
use the Axis module "CommonsHTTPSender". If like to use the
standard Axis HTTP handler pls spcifiy this in the deployment
files (*.wsdd). Usually "commons-httpclient.jar" gives better
performace and is also fully HTTP 1.1 compliant. This comes in
handy if you are behind a HTTP proxy that requires full HTTP 1.1

Regards,
Werner