Posted to dev@toree.apache.org by Gino Bustelo <gi...@bustelos.com> on 2016/10/11 19:16:03 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Toree 0.1.0 RC2

Please vote to approve the release of the following candidate as
Apache Toree version 0.1.0

The commit to be voted on is 119bf3e2d1d16986f55802cf2323e8629ea25ef8
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-toree/tree/119bf3e2d1d16986f55802cf2323e8629ea25ef8>

https://github.com/apache/incubator-toree/tree/119bf3e2d1d16986f55802cf2323e8629ea25ef8
<https://github.com/apache/bahir/tree/368c436ae2ad34b3ca64d11801aee69e478555f7>

All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:

*https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/toree/0.1.0/rc2/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/toree/0.1.0/rc2/>*

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Toree 0.1.0

Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Marius van Niekerk <ma...@gmail.com>.
I believe we need to make another vote thread.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Gino Bustelo <gi...@bustelos.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Gino Bustelo <gi...@bustelos.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Gino Bustelo <gi...@bustelos.com>.
Actually... on the license thing, we also followed Spark's lead
https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/cff560755244dd4ccb998e0c56e81d2620cd4cff/licenses

Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Gino Bustelo <gi...@bustelos.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
md5/sha sigs look fine. pgp sig also looked good though see below.

Comments:
   - no KEYS file so no way to verify the gpg signature ( unless one downloads an unverified key from a public server )
   - bin tarball should untar into an apache-toree-incubating or apache-toree directory, source tarball untars into ./ - should be fixed to use a top-level dir IMO.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Gino Bustelo <gi...@bustelos.com>.
For pip it is challenging. It may not have the name "incubating" but it
does alerts of incubation during installation. It is also on the
description of the package. Placing the "incubating" in the version is not
possible since it will make it an invalid version format. Adding it to the
name is also not ideal since it will identify the package and will force a
new package with new history after graduation.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.1.0 RC2

Posted by Corey Stubbs <ca...@gmail.com>.