Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Cherry Development <av...@cherrydev.com> on 2004/08/05 22:34:33 UTC

Namespaces, Libraries and application structure?

How do you refer to a component in one library from another?

For example:
Inside a component in library foo
Produces an error: library 'bar' not found in namespace 'foo'.

If you have circular library references, both Spindle and Tapestry end
up with stack overflows.

The following suggestion seems like a simple solution.  Would it work?

If a page/component path begins with a colon, simply traverse back to
the application namespace and search recursively from there.

I've done what I believe is a thorough search of the mailing list and
other archives on this subject and it appears that people have been
asking for this sort of ability for a long time.  Tapestry projects,
I'm sure, are getting larger and larger and therefore, the ability to
structure them needs to grow with the framework.

Has anyone else discovered a solution to this?

Re: Namespaces, Libraries and application structure?

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
Sorry, I missed that part!

Posted by Cherry Development <av...@cherrydev.com>.