Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jean-Francois Poilpret <jf...@hcm.vnn.vn> on 2005/11/01 14:31:02 UTC

HiveMind Utilities 0.5.0 supports HiveMind 1.1

Dear Tapestry users,

I am proud to announce the release of HiveMind Utilities 0.5.0 on
SourceForge. This is the first version to officially support HiveMind 1.1,
hence Tapestry 4.
The original announcement follows at the end of this mail.

HiveMind Utilities is a set of modules for the HiveMind lightweight
container. It covers many aspects such as:
- transaction management and integration of various persistence layers
(JDBC, iBATIS, Hibernate)
- security management
- remoting of any HiveMind service
- generic event notification handling (intra-JVM)
- Swing-based GUI framework

	Jean-Francois

Original Announce: HiveMind Utilities 0.5.0 supports HiveMind 1.1

The HiveMind Utilities project team announces the release of "HiveMind
Utilities 0.5.0" which is the first official release that supports HiveMind
1.1.

It has exactly the same features as HiveMind Utilities 0.4.7 (which was
based on HiveMind 1.0).

For more information on HiveMind Utilities project:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hivetranse/

The HiveMind Utilities team

Re: HiveMind Utilities 0.5.0 supports HiveMind 1.1

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.
I have actually been patiently waiting for the JTA integration for
some time.  I currently have my hibernate set up for lazy=false in all
my persistent objects, in hopes that a new version of hivetranse will
be able to deal with JNDI lookups and JTA transactions.  I hope you
still keep that in the roadmap.

On 11/1/05, Jean-Francois Poilpret <jf...@hcm.vnn.vn> wrote:
> Hi Ted,
>
> In fact, during a few days (between releases 0.4.7 and 0.5.0), I had removed
> this feature from my list of future HiveTranse enhancements! After reading
> one of your mails recently on this list, I found out that I should still
> keep it in my "todo" list, so I added it again there ;-)
>
> Now for the release date, it is hard to say, if I include in 0.7.0
> everything that I have planned (JTA), it would probably not be done until
> early 2006... However, I can still put the priority on the
> "session-per-application" (or "long sessions") pattern and change the
> roadmap to put JTA on a next version. By the way, are there people out there
> interested in JTA support (I had this in mind from the start of HiveTranse,
> but I never heard of anybody longing for it)?
> In this case, we could hope a "Christmas" release I think.
>
> Note that my main problem now is that I still don't know how I will
> implement this pattern into HiveTranse without breaking it all, which I
> would like to avoid ;-)
>
> By the way, for the time being, I know that Marcus Schulte has done a good
> job implementing that Hibernate pattern in HiveMind (he has documented it on
> HiveMind WIKI). Maybe it does not have all the "bells and whistles" of
> HiveTranse, but I think it is worth a look (at least, it is working NOW, not
> in the future).
>
> Cheers
>
>         Jean-Francois

~chris

RE: HiveMind Utilities 0.5.0 supports HiveMind 1.1

Posted by Ted Steen <te...@gmail.com>.
Very nice!