Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/19 01:02:16 UTC

[VOTE] Vote the fate of PHP part of Apache Shindig after 2.5.0 release

Hi Shindig community,

As followup of the fate of PHP version of Apache Shindig from my
previous email to the community, I would like to ask for a VOTE thread
of what should be done with it after 2.5.0 release.

Maintaining status quo seems to be out question now since we have lack
of contributors to keep up with the Java counterpart.

Here are the proposed alternatives:

[  ] Move the PHP part to Apache Shindig attic at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/attic. This would be new
directory where the PHP version will reside. It will still be under
ASF 2.0 license but not actively developed.
[  ] Delete the PHP version and remove it from the Apache Shindig repository.
[  ] Dont really care, do what you want!
[  ] Other: <state your option>

Everybody is invited to Vote but only PMC votes count toward final tally.

The Vote is open for 72 hours.

Thanks much guys,

Henry

PS:

Here is my vote:

[ x ] Move the PHP part to Apache Shindig attic at

Re: [VOTE] Vote the fate of PHP part of Apache Shindig after 2.5.0 release

Posted by Dan Dumont <dd...@us.ibm.com>.
+1 for attic

Posted by Richard Kettelerij <ri...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding). Move PHP version to attic and remove references from website.

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Yes, if we just move it to Shindig attic we can simply bring back if
enough contributors interested to make up the lost features in PHP
version of Shindig.

- Henry

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
+1 (non binding) to Move the PHP part to Apache Shindig attic.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: [VOTE] Vote the fate of PHP part of Apache Shindig after 2.5.0 release

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.
+1 (non-binding) Move the PHP part to Apache Shindig attic

Jasha

Op 19 apr. 2012, om 01:02 heeft Henry Saputra het volgende geschreven:

Posted by Dan Dumont <dd...@us.ibm.com>.
+1 for attic

Posted by "Ciancetta, Jesse E." <jc...@mitre.org>.
+1 for attic.

--Jesse

Posted by Mark Weitzel <we...@gmail.com>.
Henry,
I'm cross posting this to the opensocial list as well. I know there are
some folks that work on (or maybe used to work on!) PHP, namely, Bastian.

Posted by "Ciancetta, Jesse E." <jc...@mitre.org>.
+1 for attic.

--Jesse

[RESULT] [VOTE] Vote the fate of PHP part of Apache Shindig after 2.5.0 release

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for all VOTES.

The VOTE has ended and here is the result:

Five +1 binding votes to bring PHP version to Shindig attic: Henry,
Stanton, Jesse, Dan, Paul.

Five +1 non-binding votes to bring PHP version to shindig attic:
Richard, Franklin, Jasha, Marcel, Ate

So we will move the PHP code from trunk to the Shindig attic directory
after we branch out for 2.5.0 release.

Thanks all for participating.

- Henry

Posted by Bastian Hofmann <ba...@googlemail.com>.