Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Julio Biason <ju...@azion.com> on 2018/03/19 18:01:57 UTC

Out of the blue: "Cannot use split/select with side outputs"

Hey guys,

I got a weird problem with my pipeline.

The pipeline process lines from our logs and generate different metrics
based on it (I mean, quite the standard procedure). It uses side outputs
for dead letter queues, in case it finds something wrong with the logs and
a metric can't be generated. At the end, because some metrics differ in
content, we send them to different sinks (based on their class, which is
quite simple); for this, we split the pipeline (based, again, on the
metrics class) and each split goes to a different metric.

Everything worked fine so far, but I spent some time writing tests for some
weird results in generating the metrics but right now, when I tried to run
the whole process, I get a "Cannot use split/select with side outputs".

This is really weird to me, cause a couple of weeks, the combination of
splits and side outputs worked like a charm.

We didn't update Flink (still running 1.4.0) so I'm really confused on
what's going on here.

Any ideas?

--
*Julio Biason*, Sofware Engineer
*AZION*  |  Deliver. Accelerate. Protect.

Re: Out of the blue: "Cannot use split/select with side outputs"

Posted by Julio Biason <ju...@azion.com>.
Update:

Even weirder, I stopped Flink (jobmanager and taskmanager) to increase the
number of slots and, upon restart, it crashed again and then processed
everything just fine.