Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2016/06/26 02:24:21 UTC

Outreachy

Everyone,

I met with Cosimo Cecchi, on of the Board directors of GNOME Foundation, in
Beijing over these last couple of days.

At some point "female participation in OSS" came up, and he suggested us to
get involved with Outreachy, a kind of Google Summer of Code, but
exclusively for women. It originated at GNOME Foundation, but was handed
over to Software Freedom Conservancy.
He claims that it has worked very well for them.

I offer this advice to those who have interest to run with it.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Outreachy

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi  Niclas

Thanks for the info. Taking a quick look at it and it seems that in general the Outreachy program is not only women and within the US at least it's also open to under-represented groups. I'll take a more detailed look at it to see if it could help us with encouraging diversity.

Thanks
Sharan