Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by William Bug <Wi...@drexel.edu> on 2004/04/10 23:08:02 UTC

debugging Axis server-side code from NetBeans (newbie)

Hi All,

I've searched through the various NetBeans user lists & the Axis users
lists in search of info on how to configure Axis (running in Tomcat) so
that server-side Axis web service code can be debugged from within the
IDE - i.e., step through code, use watches & breakpoints, etc.

There are a few cryptic posts, but I've not even been able to really
figure out whether this is even possible.

I've gotten as far as I can observing the SOAP XML payloads with the
fantastic TCPmon tool that comes with Axis.  I'm passing messages with
attachments just fine, but I've hit a logic bug in the server-side code
that I could spend many days trying to track down - if at all - without
being able to step through the service code.

Is it possible to debug Axis server-side code from within NetBeans?

If so, is there a 'How-To' document that explains (in relative newbie
terms) how to set this up.

Many thanks to all for any assistance you can offer.

Cheers,
Bill Bug

Bill Bug
Senior Analyst/Ontological Engineer