Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca> on 2000/10/21 01:36:34 UTC

Re: Main index.html (http://www.quantumfx.com/apachedocs/)

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Carlos Ramirez wrote:

> I posted an updated version that shows how new sections can be added. I
> added "Configuration Topics" and "Another Topic Goes Here" sections. It
> still provides a clean layout...

I like it.

I think that some people are going to consider it a little too flashy.
People with that opinion should speak up soon.

Here's a couple questions/suggestions:
- Can you do it without restricting the table width to 600dpi (or whatever
it is).  I know, you will probably wind up with uneven column widths, but
I think I prefer that to hard-coded 600dpi.
- I think some people would have a heart attack if we committed something
with all those <font> tags.  Perhaps a small style-sheet in the <head>
could be used.  We probably shouldn't be changing the fonts at all
if we are going to be using the browser-default fonts on all the other
doc pages.

Joshua.

Re: Main index.html (http://www.quantumfx.com/apachedocs/)

Posted by Carlos Ramirez <cr...@gte.net>.
Thanks! I guess we'll wait-n-see ;)

-Carlos

--
RTFM: Not just an acronym, it's the LAW!

Re: Main index.html (http://www.quantumfx.com/apachedocs/)

Posted by Julia Pond <ju...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>.

Posted by Julia Pond <ju...@oracle.com>.
You did a good job on this.

Posted by Carlos Ramirez <cr...@gte.net>.

--
RTFM: Not just an acronym, it's the LAW!