Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Jack Tang <hi...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/08 03:29:00 UTC

Nutch 0.8 update issue

Hi All

Currently I update my nutch from 0.7 to 0.8-dev (svn version) and come
across one question on  searcher.

I wrote my own indexer and searcher based on nutch-0.7 and they both
worked fine. However, without luck, searcher is failed in
nutch-0.8-dev. Here are the exceptions:

Total hits: 26
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.nutch.searcher.FetchedSegments.getSummary(FetchedSegments.java:190)
	at org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.getSummary(NutchBean.java:297)
	at org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.main(NutchBean.java:343)
	at org.apache.nutch.searcher.FetchedSegments.getSummary(FetchedSegments.java:144)
	at org.apache.nutch.searcher.FetchedSegments$SummaryThread.run(FetchedSegments.java:163)

It is said in FetchedSegments.java
  public String getSummary(HitDetails details, Query query)
    throws IOException {

    String text = getSegment(details).getParseText(getDocNo(details)).getText();
    return new Summarizer().getSummary(text, query).toString();
  }

getSegment(details) = null !? Any words for this question? Appreciate your time.

/Jack

--
Keep Discovering ... ...
http://www.jroller.com/page/jmars

Re: Nutch 0.8 update issue

Posted by Jack Tang <hi...@gmail.com>.
Guys

My fault! I miss copying the segments dir. Sorry for that. Pls ignore
this messgae.

/Jack