Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@progress.com> on 2008/12/18 16:08:28 UTC

ServletDestination and baseAdddress

Hi

Is there any specific reason why ServletDestination overrides AbstractHttpDestination.getBaseAddress() ?

As far as I can see ServletDestination.getBaseAddress() has a bug in that it loses part of the address, specifically, the one specified as part of (CXF)Servlet url pattern.

For ex, given a request like http://localhost/mywebapp/services/someaddress, where /mywebapp is a context path, /services is part of a /services/* url pattern and /someaddress is a jaxws or jaxrs endpoint address as specified in Spring, ServletDestination.getBaseAddress() will return /mywebapp/someaddress, while AbstractHTTPDestination.getBaseAddress() correctly returns /mywebapp/services/someaddress//

I'm tempted to remove ServletDestination.getBaseAddress() - and hope the tests will pass - but is tehre sometying I should be aware of when attempting to remove it ?

Cheers, Sergey