Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tom Jordahl <to...@macromedia.com> on 2003/05/12 16:32:23 UTC

RE: If a web service has multiple operations, how does Axis know which one to execute?

In the common case: for an RPC style request, the enclosing elements of the SOAP request is the operation name.  In document style requests, the QName of the top level element is used to dispatch the request, and this mapping is generally specified in the server-config.wsdd file.

Axis can also dispatch on the SOAPAction and I believe on the URL as well.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

Posted by Jim Murphy <jm...@mindreef.com>.
What is the default beahavior in (non-wrapped) doc/lit if the enclosing
element doesn't pertain to a reflected java method name?  Is the mapping
made explicit in the WSDD?

Class foo
{
	public void bar(int x){};
}

With a SOAP body that looks like...

<soap:Body>
   <tns:theParam xmlns:tns=="...">42</tns:theParam>
</soap:Body>

Jim Murphy
Mindreef, Inc.
http://www.mindreef.com