Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com> on 2021/09/13 19:44:34 UTC

4.16.0.0 release

Hi All,

We are looking forward to cutting RC1 soon. Kindly share or ping me this week if there are any issues or pull requests that we should include in 4.16.0.0.

Regards,

Nicolas Vazquez

Re: 4.16.0.0 release

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi All,

These are the last outstanding items on the 4.16.0 milestone: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/milestone/16.

I would like to propose/announce a code freeze date for October 10th. After this time, we are starting the stabilisation phase and no more features and general fixes will be allowed, and only critical and blocker issues will be fixed after the freeze date.

Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Nicolas Vazquez

________________________________

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Ahmed,

Our 4.16 RM Nicolas is simply reminding (mainly devs) about the possibility of cutting a RC soon (as he has previously shared his tentative/soft plan of cutting RC around the end of Sept) and asking if there are any specific issues/pull requests that should be included towards the 4.16.0.0 milestone. Here the "issues" are generally interpreted as something blocker/critical/essential towards the release, rather than a new feature/idea that someone in the community wants.

The process of requesting new features/ideas with the project is to raise a ticket here: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/new and hope it will be picked by somebody in the future if you're not going to work on it yourself. Any pull requests or discussions are also welcome on dev@ ML.

Regards.

________________________________

--

Andrija Panić