Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/10/24 13:24:06 UTC

XSchema Java Interface standards?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any standard for Schema (or even DTD) validators
around in XML land that multiple vendors implement.

Essentially I am looking for something like

ValidatorFactory factory = new XSchemaValidatorFactory();

InputSource schema = new InputSource( "myschema.xsd" );
InputSource data1 = new InputSource( "mydata1.xsd" );
InputSource data2 = new InputSource( "mydata2.xsd" );
InputSource data3 = new InputSource( "mydata3.xsd" );

Validator validator = factory.build( schema );
validator.setErrorHandler( myErrorHandler );

validator.validate( data1 );
validator.validate( data2 );
validator.validate( data3 );

Is there any standard like this ? If not is there any parser that implements
something like this. If not is there any parser that lets you get at the guts
and implement a layer like this?

--
Cheers,

Pete