Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Philippe Reynolds <ph...@hotmail.com> on 2005/06/06 17:10:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with IE

Greetings all,

I'm currently just starting with Apache so sorry in advance if my
terminology isn't the greatest.

I'm creating dynamic html pages that contain forms and integrated php.  Like
in any form it contains a submit button.  This first is the interface where
people can enter values etc...
My form actions a second page to accomplishs some calculations, etc..

My first page works very well (when I hit the submit button the second page
is actioned and everything executes) while using firefox.

However, while usig Internet Explorer (IE) the button seems to be
deactivated. ( I get the standard "ding" sound, error)

My current thought process is leading me to believe that apache isn't acting
properly with IE.  Can anyone shed some light on this situation.

Cheers
Phil

Re: [users@httpd] Problem with IE

Posted by Roger <cr...@cox.net>.
Philippe Reynolds wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I'm currently just starting with Apache so sorry in advance if my
> terminology isn't the greatest.
>
> I'm creating dynamic html pages that contain forms and integrated
> php.  Like in any form it contains a submit button.  This first is the
> interface where people can enter values etc...
> My form actions a second page to accomplishs some calculations, etc..
>
> My first page works very well (when I hit the submit button the second
> page is actioned and everything executes) while using firefox.
>
> However, while usig Internet Explorer (IE) the button seems to be
> deactivated. ( I get the standard "ding" sound, error)
>
> My current thought process is leading me to believe that apache isn't
> acting properly with IE.  Can anyone shed some light on this situation.
>
> Cheers
> Phil

As others have pointed out, you probaly have an HTML error on your
page.  Since you are using Firefox, be sure to check out some of the
development extensions at:
   https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/

In particular, HTML-tidy will help you find coding errors.

Roger

Re: [users@httpd] Problem with IE

Posted by Gene <li...@Bomgardner.net>.
This is unlikely to be an apache problem. You might check out one
of the php forums and see if there is a difference between firefox and IE
that might explain the problem.

Best o'luck
Gene

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.
Already correctly pointed out - this is not an apache question and you
should look at the code.
I would like to add that the code probably has something that disables
the button (maybe a javascript) which is not supported by another
browser but IE and so you get the 'ding' sound.
Of course, Nothing to do with your apache server.
HTH
Aman Raheja