Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Jens Viebig <jv...@como.com> on 2009/03/23 11:46:47 UTC

Square brackets in Directory names

Hello list,

I have some problems when using square brackets in directory names like this

/Content/directory/directory[2]

ftpserver checks for [ in the ListArgumentParser and throws an error.
Im still using ftpserver-M3 release since i had no time to adapt to the
API changes in the new versions.

As client i'm using jakarta commons-vfs which uses commons-net internally.

I took out the check for "[" -signs in the ListArgumentParser and now my
client works but i don't know what side effects this has. Can anybody
tell me what this check is useful for ? I have tested my client against
Filezilla Server which seems not to have issues with "[" characters in
directory names.

Any other suggestions other than hacking the ftpserver-source ?

Regards
Jens

Re: Square brackets in Directory names

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
It adds support for [abc] regexp patterns for LIST and NLST. It's been
around since before my involvement in the project, so I'm not sure on
the background. Also, I'm not sure if there are actually any clients
that use these kinds of advanced globbing patterns. Does anyone else
know?

/niklas