Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jerome Lacoste <je...@coffeebreaks.org> on 2004/07/16 18:36:26 UTC

dynamically bundling a dependency (into a war/jar...)

Hi,

I've had a hard time trying to bundle a dependency dynamically into a
wae. That is because I didn't check the BaseOject design while doing my
tests and there is a subtle difference between the getProperties() and
resolvedProperties() methods.

In the end, I do something like:

<echo message="Overriding libs for pre JDK1.4 setups"/>
${pom.getDependency('xalan:xalan').resolvedProperties().put('war.
bundle', 'true')}
[...]

Is that the best solution? Or could I have used something more elegant?

[For those who wonder why I want to do that, please see the
cruisecontrol reporting module Ant build file.]

Re: dynamically bundling a dependency (into a war/jar...)

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Why build differently for JDKs? If you bundle xalan, it should work under both.