Posted to dev@buildstream.apache.org by Tristan Van Berkom <tr...@codethink.co.uk> on 2022/06/07 11:45:14 UTC

BuildStream 1.95.0 beta released

Hi all,

This is the first beta release of BuildStream leading up to the 2.0
stable release.

From this point on, the BuildStream API is to be considered stable: we
will no longer be introducing any API breaking changes.

Users are now encouraged to try using BuildStream 2 in order to help us
find issues and better assess what needs to be fixed in advance of an
official 2.0 release.

Porting your project to use BuildStream 2 is not very difficult, and is
mostly covered in the porting guide:

   https://docs.buildstream.build/master/main_porting.html

And we will be happy to answer porting related questions on our IRC or
Slack channels.

What is BuildStream ?
=====================
BuildStream is a Free Software tool for building/integrating software
stacks. It takes inspiration, lessons and use-cases from various
projects including OBS, Reproducible Builds, Yocto, Baserock,
Buildroot, Aboriginal, GNOME Continuous, JHBuild, Flatpak Builder and
Android repo.

BuildStream supports multiple build-systems (e.g. autotools, cmake,
distutils, make, meson), and can create outputs in a range of formats
(e.g. debian packages, flatpak runtimes, sysroots, system images) for
multiple platforms and chipsets.

==================
buildstream 1.95.0
==================
The changes since BuildStream 1 are too numerous to mention here, from
this point on we will be listing NEWS entries for every subsequent beta
release.

Contributors:
=============
This is the list of all contributors to BuildStream 2 ever since we
branched off BuildStream 1 (according to git). In the future we will be
listing contributors related only to the relevant micro point release.

  - Abderrahim Kitouni
  - Agustin Benito Bethencourt
  - Alberto Fanjul
  - Andrew Leeming
  - Angelos Evripiotis
  - Antoine Wacheux
  - Ben Hutchings
  - Benjamin Schubert
  - Chandan Singh
  - Charles Bailey
  - Daniel Playle
  - Daniel Silverstone
  - Darius Makovsky
  - Dor Askayo
  - Ed Baunton
  - Francisco Redondo Marchena
  - Gökçen Nurlu
  - James Ennis
  - Javier Jardón
  - Jim MacArthur
  - Jonathan Maw
  - Josh Smith
  - Justin Erenkrantz
  - Jürg Billeter
  - Martin Blanchard
  - Mathieu Bridon
  - Patrick Griffis
  - Patrick Martin
  - Paul Sherwood
  - Pedro Alvarez Piedehierro
  - Phil Dawson
  - Phillip Smyth
  - Rafael Fontenelle
  - Raoul Hidalgo Charman
  - Richard Maw
  - Sam Thursfield
  - Sander Striker
  - Seppo Yli-Olli
  - Thomas Chetwin
  - Thomas Coldrick
  - Tiago Gomes
  - Tom Pollard
  - Tristan Maat
  - Tristan van Berkom
  - Valentin David
  - William Salmon

Where can I get it ?
https://github.com/apache/buildstream/releases/tag/1.95.0
https://github.com/apache/buildstream-plugins/releases/tag/1.95.0

For more information on the BuildStream project, visit our home page
at https://buildstream.build/

Cheers,
    -Tristan