Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/01 14:20:48 UTC

Drill not compiling after rebase!!

All,
I just rebased Drill with the latest commits and it no longer builds.  I’m getting the following errors:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.0:compile (default-compile) on project drill-java-exec: Compilation failure
[ERROR] /Users/cgivre/github/drill-dev/drill/exec/java-exec/src/main/java/org/apache/drill/exec/store/parquet/FilterEvaluatorUtils.java:[59,68] error: unreported exception E; must be caught or declared to be thrown
[ERROR]   where E,T,V are type-variables:
[ERROR]     E extends Exception declared in method <T,V,E>accept(ExprVisitor<T,V,E>,V)
[ERROR]     T extends Object declared in method <T,V,E>accept(ExprVisitor<T,V,E>,V)
[ERROR]     V extends Object declared in method <T,V,E>accept(ExprVisitor<T,V,E>,V)
[ERROR]
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :drill-java-exec

Re: Drill not compiling after rebase!!

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
All,
I submitted the following PR which fixes this: https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1731 <https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1731>.  @vvysotskyi, can you review and commit?
Thanks,
— C

Posted by hanu mapr <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hello Vova,

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vova Vysotskyi <vv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
All,

Posted by Sorabh Hamirwasia <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by hanu mapr <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hello Vova,

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Volodmyr,
I’m on a Mac OSX Mohave, java version 1.8.0_65, maven version 3.6.0.

In order to get Drill to build I had to make the following changes:

org/apache/drill/exec/store/parquet/TestParquetFilterPushDown.java (add try/catch)

private void testParquetRowGroupFilterEval(MetadataBase.ParquetTableMetadataBase footer, final int rowGroupIndex, final LogicalExpression filterExpr, RowsMatch canDropExpected) {
 try {
   RowsMatch canDrop = FilterEvaluatorUtils.evalFilter(filterExpr, footer, rowGroupIndex, fragContext.getOptions(), fragContext);
   Assert.assertEquals(canDropExpected, canDrop);
 } catch (Exception e) {
   fail();
 }
}

and

org/apache/drill/exec/store/parquet/FilterEvaluatorUtils.java

public static RowsMatch evalFilter(LogicalExpression expr, MetadataBase.ParquetTableMetadataBase footer,

Posted by Vova Vysotskyi <vv...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hanu,