Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "F C. Costero" <fj...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/01 23:11:56 UTC

Re: AOO questions on Google

Here is a new file with data through today, similar to the last file but
slightly modified.
1. The raw imported data are on the first tab.
2. All of the questions ranked by net votes and labeled with categories are
on the tab "net_votes"
3. On the third tab is a table showing the sum of positive votes for each
category.
The division into categories is certainly imperfect but it is an attempt to
show that some general topics produced several questions though no single
question was very popular.
"Other formats" captures questions about formats other than odt or MS
Office.
"Spellcheck" has been replaced with "Language tools"
"Email" includes all topics about email, task tracking and similar uses.
I lumped together questions about tablets, Android and other operating
systems outside of the usual ones supported by AOO.
On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM, F C. Costero <fj...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > I did a little summary of the questions posted so far on Google. The
> > > attached file shows:
> >
> > Thanks for the summary.  I was hoping we could collect questions for
> > the remainder of the month and then pick the top questions to answer
> > in a blog post.
> >
> > -Rob
> >

> I think this would be a good idea. This summary so far is VERY interesting
> though.

> MzK
>
> "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
>                                                                          --
> Aesop

Here is a new file with data through today, similar to the last file but
slightly modified.
1. The raw imported data are on the first tab.
2. All of the questions ranked by net votes and labeled with categories are
on the tab "net_votes"
3. On the third tab is a table showing the sum of positive votes for each
category.
The division into categories is certainly imperfect but it is an attempt to
show that some general topics produced several questions though no single
question was very popular.
"Other formats" captures questions about formats other than odf or MS
Office.
"Spellcheck" has been replaced with "Language tools"
"Email" includes all topics about email, task tracking and similar uses.
"Internationalization" covers questions about the support of particular
languages and a question about the AFS representing American imperialism.
I lumped together questions about tablets, Android and other operating
systems outside of the usual ones supported by AOO.
Many questions where given no category because they were very specific
support questions or were otherwise hard to label.
Best regards,
Francis