Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au> on 2012/05/21 02:43:28 UTC

Build #80 issue "Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver' " for compiled package

Hi,

I don't know how much of an issue this is but it would be nice to let
people know how to overcome the issue.

I downloaded the build
https://builds.apache.org/job/openmeetings/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/
singlewebapp/dist/apache-openmeetings-incubating-2.0.0.r1340587-19-05-20
12_2317.tar.gz

And when I attempted to run the install the following error happens;

Caused by: org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Cannot
load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'

I then downloaded the source for build #80 and compile it, the compile
works as it downloads the required java libraries during the build.
(And no reports about missing "flash/trunk").

https://builds.apache.org/job/openmeetings/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/
singlewebapp/dist/apache-openmeetings-incubating-2.0.0.r1340587-19-05-20
12_2317-src.tar.gz

Is there a way for people who download the compiled package to then
include the required java libraries?  If so, we should update the doco
on the page so that people know how to get openmeetings running.

/red5/log/openmeetings.log

ERROR 05-21 07:48:25.613 ScopeApplicationAdapter.java 2332 174
org.openmeetings.app.remote.red5.ScopeApplicationAdapter
[Launcher:/openmeetings] - [appStart]

org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could
not open JPA EntityManager for transaction; nested exception is
<openjpa-2.2.0-r422266:1244990 fatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Cannot load JDBC
driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'

       at
org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager.doBegin(JpaTransaction
Manager.java:427)
~[org.springframework.orm-jar-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]

ERROR 05-21 07:50:11.130 MeetingReminderJob.java 107849 38
org.openmeetings.app.quartz.scheduler.MeetingReminderJob
[org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-3]
- execute

Exclusive

Thanks,

George Kirkham

Re: Build #80 issue "Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver' " for compiled package

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Here is the URL
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: Build #80 issue "Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver' " for compiled package

Posted by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au>.
Maxim,

I was a bit slow sending my next question, and you had already replied.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello George,

--
WBR