Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Srivatsan Vengada Nallazhagappan <Sr...@infosys.com> on 2014/05/26 15:01:02 UTC

Simple Kafka producer in Windows does not run

Hi,
    The program given below is not running in Windows through Eclipse while its runs in Unix platform (works fine when I run the same program in Unix where broker is running).
Is the kafka producer not supported in windows? I am able to ping the ip address from windows machine however. Please help.

package kpkg;

import java.util.Properties;
import kafka.javaapi.producer.Producer;
import kafka.producer.KeyedMessage;
import kafka.producer.ProducerConfig;

public class KProducer {

       /**
       * @param args
       */
       public static void main(String[] args)
       {
              // TODO Auto-generated method stub
              Properties props = new Properties();
              //props.put("zk.connect", "10.xx.xx.xx:2181");
              props.put("metadata.broker.list", "10. xx.xx.xx:9092");
              //props.put("host.name", "10.87.93.57");
              props.put("serializer.class", "kafka.serializer.StringEncoder");
              props.put("request.required.acks", "1");

              ProducerConfig config = new ProducerConfig(props);
              Producer<String, String> producer = new Producer<String, String>(config);
              KeyedMessage<String, String> km = new KeyedMessage<String, String>("SriKafkaTopic" , "SriFirstMessage");
              // The message is sent to a randomly selected partition registered in ZK
              //ProducerData<String, String> data = new ProducerData<String, String>("test-topic", "test-message");
              //producer.send(data);
              producer.send(km);
              producer.close();
       }

}

Here is the exception error that I get.

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (kafka.utils.VerifiableProperties).
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
Exception in thread "main" kafka.common.FailedToSendMessageException: Failed to send messages after 3 tries.
       at kafka.producer.async.DefaultEventHandler.handle(DefaultEventHandler.scala:90)
       at kafka.producer.Producer.send(Producer.scala:76)
       at kafka.javaapi.producer.Producer.send(Producer.scala:33)
       at kpkg.KProducer.main(KProducer.java:30)

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Simple Kafka producer in Windows does not run

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Which version of Kafka are you using? The log before FailedToSendMessage
should tell you the cause. Could you paste that?

Thanks,

Jun