Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net> on 2014/12/11 17:12:41 UTC

On testing Tamaya

Dear all,

last week I tried to get a little bit deeper into Tamaya's
configuration. I have been a little bit suprised that I wasn't able to
run any test in my IDE (IntelliJ). Because of the bootstrapping process
(ServiceLoader, SPI) I was forced to use a a remote debugger and to
attach to a running Maven build.

For example the PropertyProvider contains

public static final PropertyProvider EMPTY_PROVIDER =
     PropertyProviderBuilder.create("<empty>").build();

This line causes the whole bootstrapping process and fails if you try to
run your tests in your IDE because the ServiceLoader is not able to find
its information below META-INF/services

So, what do you think? For me it feels like a burden if it comes to
testing and debugging.

Oliver

--
N Oliver B. Fischer
A Schönhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany

Re: On testing Tamaya

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oli/all

ConfigFunctions should now be visible in core, sorry for missing it !

Anatole

Oliver B. Fischer <o....@swe-blog.net> schrieb am Thu Dec 11 2014 at
17:48:33:

Re: On testing Tamaya

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.
ack.

Re: On testing Tamaya

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: On testing Tamaya

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.
It is not working because there is no Jar except the ones installed by
Maven in the local repository.

Re: On testing Tamaya

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.

Re: On testing Tamaya