Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sr <sr...@actionet.com> on 2007/05/17 22:43:52 UTC

[S2] HTTP Status 404 - result 'null' not found

It must be some configuration issue. My simple application works fine in
Windows environment, but
we get this error on Sun Solaris. We use Sun App Server 8.2 and 8.1
accordingly. I failed to reproduce the problem on Windows, so this can be
just Solaris issue. I am sure that I reach the struts.xml file, call method
provided there and
return "success" string. The resulting _jsp.java is generated and compiled,
but I am getting a page listed at the end of this message.
Does anybody know if struts2 has log file generated and/or how can I trigger
its apprearance? Please, advise what do you think. The struts.xml opened by
vi shows ^M characters.

HTTP Status 404 - result 'null' not found

type Status report

message result 'null' not found

description The requested resource (result 'null' not found) is not
available.

Re: [S2] HTTP Status 404 - result 'null' not found

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
You need to check the Sun App Server logs to see if there is any more
specific error detail there. If that doesn't give you enough information
to resolve the problem, you may need to configure Log4j in your webapp
to get Struts logging output.

L.