Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2010/01/26 05:58:52 UTC

[VOTE] OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta release candidate 2

I've staged release candidate two for OpenJPA 2.0.0 Beta based on
r903062 of the following svn branch:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/branches/2.0.0-beta/

Release Notes:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openjpa/branches/2.0.0-beta/openjpa-project/RELEASE-NOTES.html?view=co

Maven staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-repo/

Site staging:
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/

Distribution artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/apache-openjpa/downloads/

User's Guide:
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/apache-openjpa/docs/

API Docs:
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/apidocs/

The RAT and IANAL build checks passed.
The openjpa-all problems have been fixed.
The build passed the JPA 2.0 TCK.

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ]  0
[ ] -1 (and reason why)

Thanks,
Donald

Re: [VOTE] OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta release candidate 2

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
+1

-----
Pinaki

Re: [VOTE] OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta release candidate 2

Posted by MiƂosz Tylenda <mt...@o2.pl>.
+1

Donald, well done.

A few small things possibly for the final release notes:

1. I find the first sentence

"This distribution of Apache OpenJPA builds upon the prior releases which provided a feature-rich implementation of the Java Persistence API (JPA 1.0) part of Java Community Process JSR-220 (Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0) by implementing the specification functionality from the final Java Community Process JSR-317 (JPA 2.0) release on 12/10/2009 and passes the JPA 2.0 TCK."

a bit hard to read. It could be split into two or three shorter ones.

2. "In normal usage, OpenJPA requires Java 5 or higher and a relational database of some sort."

I am not sure if we will support Java 6 only in 2.0.0 final. If not, how about clarifying that some features (metamodel generation ?) require Java 6?

3. A typo in "or would like more clarification you please post to the OpenJPA development mailing list"

4. "How do I Contribute?" C -> c

Greetings,
Milosz

Posted by Rick Curtis <cu...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> Binary and source zip files contain the required license and notice
> files, along with the expected distribution content.
> The openjpa and openjpa-all jars contain the expected content.
> The r903062 level passed the JPA 2.0 TCK.
>
> -Donald
>

> On 1/25/10 11:58 PM, Donald Woods wrote:
> > I've staged release candidate two for OpenJPA 2.0.0 Beta based on
> > r903062 of the following svn branch:
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/branches/2.0.0-beta/
> >
> > Release Notes:
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openjpa/branches/2.0.0-beta/openjpa-project/RELEASE-NOTES.html?view=co
> >
> > Maven staging repo:
> > http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-repo/<http://people.apache.org/%7Edwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-repo/>
> >
> > Site staging:
> > http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/<http://people.apache.org/%7Edwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/>
> >
> > Distribution artifacts:
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/apache-openjpa/downloads/<http://people.apache.org/%7Edwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/apache-openjpa/downloads/>
> >
> > User's Guide:
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/apache-openjpa/docs/<http://people.apache.org/%7Edwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/apache-openjpa/docs/>
> >
> > API Docs:
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/apidocs/<http://people.apache.org/%7Edwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/apidocs/>
> >

> > The RAT and IANAL build checks passed.
> > The openjpa-all problems have been fixed.
> > The build passed the JPA 2.0 TCK.
> >

> > The vote will be open for 72 hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1
> > [ ]  0
> > [ ] -1 (and reason why)
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Donald

Rick

Re: [VOTE] OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta release candidate 2

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Sorry, corrected URL links (was doing this late last night) -

Distribution artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/apache-openjpa/downloads/

User's Guide:
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/apache-openjpa/docs/

The other URLs are valid.

Posted by Albert Lee <al...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Albert Lee.

--
Albert Lee.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta release candidate 2

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
The vote passed with the following +1 PMC votes:
  Donald Woods
  Milosz Tylenda
  Kevin Sutter
  Jeremy Bauer
  Michael Dick
  Albert Lee

and the following +1 committer votes:
  Rick Curtis

There were no 0 or -1 votes.

I'll start the final release steps.

Thanks,
Donald

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@apache.org>.
+1 to Jeremy's comments and to the release. I haven't seen anything that
warrants a re-spin, nice job Donald!

-mike

Posted by Jeremy Bauer <te...@gmail.com>.
[X] +1

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Bauer <te...@gmail.com>.
Same here.  I can navigate as far as
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site<http://people.apache.org/%7Edwoods/openjpa/2.0.0-beta/staging-site/downloads/>an
then get a 404 when I click on any of the links.

-Jeremy

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the comments, but I don't think any of the below requires a
new release candidate, given this is a Beta release :-)

For #1 - I just followed what we had done for the Milestone releases, in
that only items mentioned in Iterations 12 - 14 made it onto this list.
 For the final release, we'll want to create an overview section that
covers all the iterations and "talks up" the release.

For #2 - The openjpa-osgi module has been in the source code since
before M3, but is not being built.  Before the final release, I would
expect either we import the code from Apache Aries to finish this module
or remove it until a future release.

For #3 - There was nothing mentioned in I12-I14 about performance, so
nothing was added.  Also, that was one of the reasons of releasing this
as a Beta, so we could continue to work on performance improvements,
which can be collected into one section in the final release notes.

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
I like that answer...  :-)  Thanks!

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.