Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vijay Kokatnur <ko...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/27 17:10:04 UTC

Split Shard not working

We recently upgraded 4.5 index to 6.5 using IndexUpgrader.  The index size
is around 600 GB on disk.  When we try to split it using SPLITSHARD, it
creates two new sub shards on the node and eventually crashes before
completely the split.  After restart, the original shard size if around 100
GB and each sub shards are around 2 GB.  They are no doubt not fully
constructed.

We tried different heap settings as well- 15, 20 and 30 GB, but it always
crashed.  RAM is about 256GB.

What's going on here?
​  Any one faced this situation before?​

Re: Split Shard not working

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
What is the message in the log when it crashes?

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org