Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Reddy <ec...@yahoo.ca> on 2002/05/11 23:14:53 UTC

Axis exposes private methods ofthe Web Service Stub Impl class - is this is a bug or i am doing some thing wrong

I created a WSDL, and used the WSDL2Java tool to
create the Server side skeleton.

I implemented the exposed method in the skeleton I am
also using some helper methods, which are private.
when I deploy this service, all private methods along
with the public methods  in that skeleton impl class
are getting exposed as web services methods.

The other thing is I haven�t change or modified the
deploy.wsdd which was generated by WSDL.

Has any one had this problem? Is there any way to
control which methods are being exposed for the web
service, either through WSDD or some other way?

I am assuming this is a Bug in the Axis. Can you guys
suggest any work around for this?

I am using the Axis beta2. and Xerces 2.x, jdk 1.3 and
tomcat 4.3 on my machine.

Axis exposes private methods along with the public
methods of the Web Service Stub Impl class as web
service methods - is this is a bug or I am doing some
thing wrong

thanks
Reddy

Games, Movies, Music & Sports! http://entertainment.yahoo.ca

Re: Axis exposes private methods ofthe Web Service Stub Impl class - is this is a bug or i am doing some thing wrong

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
this is a bug or i am doing some thing wrong

> I created a WSDL, and used the WSDL2Java tool to
> create the Server side skeleton.
>
> I implemented the exposed method in the skeleton I am
> also using some helper methods, which are private.
> when I deploy this service, all private methods along
> with the public methods  in that skeleton impl class
> are getting exposed as web services methods.

It's a bug in beta-2. But I dont think you will be able to call the methods
(they are private).

> I am assuming this is a Bug in the Axis. Can you guys
> suggest any work around for this?

try a later version in CVS and see if it is fixed