Posted to general@axis.apache.org by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/16 05:59:38 UTC

http://axis.apache.org

Hi all,

We are planning to start working on designing http://axis.apache.org and
redesigning other project web sites under Axis TLP soon. The plan is to use
Apache confluence wiki for maintaining the site contents and doing some
styling tricks to make it looks like a real web site(not a wiki like view).

We have started working on CSS themes and we tested theming capabilities
locally with confluence. Next step is to create Axis space on confluence and
start working on content and information architecture for the Axis TLP home
page and sub project pages.

To start with the process of creating Axis TLP home we need to first decide
on what goes on the home page and what are the child pages should be there
under http://axis.apache.org.

I have designed first level of the http://axis.apache.org site map[1] and I
would like to know your views on content that should go in home page and
other child pages needed for axis.apache.org. So please feel free to comment
on this and please send your suggestions.

Thanks
Milinda

[1] http://blog.mpathirage.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/axis_site_map.png

--
Milinda Pathirage
Technical Lead & Product Manager WSO2 BPS; http://wso2.org/bps

Re: http://axis.apache.org

Posted by Chanaka Jayasena <ch...@wso2.com>.
Regarding the Axis Logo, I think we need to have Axis logo in
http://ws.apache.org/axis/ and Axis2 Logo in http://ws.apache.org/axis2/.

Thanks,
Chanaka

Re: http://axis.apache.org

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: http://axis.apache.org

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chanaka,

Re: http://axis.apache.org

Posted by Chanaka Jayasena <ch...@wso2.com>.

Re: http://axis.apache.org

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: http://axis.apache.org

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: http://axis.apache.org

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Deepal,

Re: http://axis.apache.org

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: http://axis.apache.org

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: http://axis.apache.org

Posted by Chanaka Jayasena <ch...@wso2.com>.

Re: http://axis.apache.org

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Re: http://axis.apache.org

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.

http://axis.apache.org

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.
Milinda,

How do you compare Confluence with something like Forrest in terms of
maintainability?. I am not sure Confluence is the right choice from that
perspective.

Danushka

--
Danushka Menikkumbura
Apache Axis2 PMC Member

phone : +94 77 364 1754
personal blog : http://danushka-menikkumbura.blogspot.com/
 <http://danushka-menikkumbura.blogspot.com/>technical blog :
http://danushkastechythoughts.blogspot.com/
 <http://danushkastechythoughts.blogspot.com/>twitter :
http://twitter.com/danushkamenik
<http://twitter.com/danushkamenik>linkedin :
http://lk.linkedin.com/in/danushka

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Milinda Pathirage <