Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dennis Gearon <ge...@sbcglobal.net> on 2010/11/24 20:41:21 UTC

geospatial

What is the recommended Solr version and/or plugin combination to get geospatial
search up and running the quickest and easiest?

 Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
----------------
It is always a good idea to learn from your own mistakes. It is usually a better
idea to learn from others’ mistakes, so you do not have to make them yourself.
from 'http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=4501&tag=nl.e036'

EARTH has a Right To Life,
otherwise we all die.

RE: special sorting

Posted by Papp Richard <cc...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, any clue how to use it? use the location_id somehow?

thanks,
  Rich

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.

special sorting

Re: geospatial

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Dennis Gearon <ge...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> What is the recommended Solr version and/or plugin combination to get geospatial
> search up and running the quickest and easiest?

It depends on what capabilities you need.
The current state of what is committed to trunk is reflected here:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialSearch

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com