Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by "Bae, Jae Hyeon" <me...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/24 08:34:10 UTC

Confused string field formatting

Hi Zeppelin users

Please look at the following screen shot. open_hex field is printed as
string if it contains an alphabet but numeric presentation is also printed
out if it contains numbers only.

[image: Inline image 1]

The schema of open_hex field is String.

[image: Inline image 2]

Is this a bug? Or how can I specify a field type in Zeppelin UI?

Thank you
Best, Jae

Re: Confused string field formatting

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

That is currently zeppelin's limitation.
One trick is transform the your values from "value" to "%html value"
That'll try to format cell contents as a html and removes ','

You can try two different codes below

%spark
print(s"""%table value\n1111111""")

%spark
print(s"""%table value\n%html 1111111""")

Best,
moon