Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kaktu Chakarabati <ji...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/09 00:07:49 UTC

Changing a solr schema from non-stored to stored on the fly

Can I do this? i.e change that value in schema, and then incrementally
re-index documents to populate it?
would that work? what would be returned if at all for documents that werent
re-indexed post-schema change?

Thanks,
Chak

Re: Changing a solr schema from non-stored to stored on the fly

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Kaktu Chakarabati <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I do this? i.e change that value in schema, and then incrementally
> re-index documents to populate it?
> would that work? what would be returned if at all for documents that werent
> re-indexed post-schema change?

Yes, this should work fine.
A document that was added with an unstored field will act exactly like
a document with that field missing.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com