Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Robert Rati <rr...@redhat.com> on 2013/11/01 15:57:56 UTC

Re: Hadoop in Fedora updated to 2.2.0

Putting the java 6 vs java 7 issue aside, what about the other patches
to update dependencies?  Can those be looked at an planned for inclusion
into a releation?

Rob

Posted by Robert Rati <rr...@redhat.com>.
Bah, typos.  Can those other patches be looked at and planned for
inclusion into a release?

Rob

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
On 21 November 2013 14:59, Robert Rati <rr...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Just to clarify, the tomcat/jasper updates and the jersey updates should
> be able to go in without any jetty changes.

OK

> There is also a separate BZ for updating jetty to jetty 8, which is the
> last jetty version that will run on java 6, if there is a desire to update
> jetty without requiring java 7.
>
> If jetty 9 is being looked at for inclusion it will affect the jasper bits
> in the poms.  Jetty 9 has its own jsp compiler and would need to replace
> jasper, but that's largely just pom changes iirc.  Jetty 9 does revamp some
> apis and should definitely be looked at by people more knowledgeable with
> how jetty is used, especially as it relates to secure mode.

Jetty gets used in the shuffle phase, and its where there's already code to
detect and react to it playing up -which is why its an area people are
scared of.

now, if you were to work with the MR team to replace that with some
netty-based protocol that issue would go away (or at least move)

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hadoop in Fedora updated to 2.2.0

Posted by Robert Rati <rr...@redhat.com>.
Just to clarify, the tomcat/jasper updates and the jersey updates should
be able to go in without any jetty changes.  There is also a separate BZ

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE