Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> on 2007/09/08 14:06:05 UTC

core release schedule (was: Re: How to set connection properties in httpClient)

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> There is a pretty nasty bug in NIOSSL (HTTPCORE-114), which we should
> issue a fix for. I suggest we release ALPHA6 by the end of the month,
> followed by BETA1 in November.

I'm fine with alpha6 this month. I should be able to finish
all pending API changes by then. But I would still prefer to
see two releases of client compiling against one release of
core before going beta there.

cheers,
  Roland

Re: core release schedule (was: Re: How to set connection properties in httpClient)

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 14:06 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> >
> > There is a pretty nasty bug in NIOSSL (HTTPCORE-114), which we should
> > issue a fix for. I suggest we release ALPHA6 by the end of the month,
> > followed by BETA1 in November.
>
> I'm fine with alpha6 this month. I should be able to finish
> all pending API changes by then. But I would still prefer to
> see two releases of client compiling against one release of
> core before going beta there.

Do you anticipate any changes in Core or Client that may require some
major API overhaul? If not, I would prefer to see the API freeze rather
sooner then later. Anyways, let us see where we stand in November.

Cheers

Oleg