Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Geetha Rodricks <ge...@nec.com.au> on 2007/06/19 00:03:49 UTC

[Trinidad] tr:chart and Adobe SVG Viewer

Hi

We use the Trinidad suite of components in our project. We were using the
cewolf for charting and are thinking of using the Trinidad Chart component.
From what I have gathered Trinidad chart uses the Adobe SVS plugin. But
Adobe have decided to discontinue support for the SVG viewer. A line from
their site - "Please note that Adobe has announced
<http://www.adobe.com/svg/eol.html> that it will discontinue support for
Adobe SVG Viewer on January 1, 2008. "

Before we start using the chart component I would like to know how this
affects the Trinidad chart component and what the plans are?

Thanks

Regards
Geetha

Re: [Trinidad] tr:chart and Adobe SVG Viewer

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

please no cross-postings and please use the myfaces list

http://myfaces.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Thanks!
Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [Trinidad] tr:chart and Adobe SVG Viewer

Posted by Safurudin Mahic <sa...@stud.aitel.hist.no>.
Trinidad doesn't depend on or use Adobe SVG viewer. Trinidad generates
SVG xml, which is a W3C
XML standard for describing vector graphics. Some browsers
use the Adobe SVG plugin to be able to render the graphics, but as the
EOL on the Adobe website says, most browsers have native support for
viewing SVG nowadays.
Also, discontinuing support for the SVG viewer application doesn't mean
you can't download or
use that application/plugin to view svg which the chart component
generates. Henceforth, this is of
no concern for Trinidad or the chart component.

Cheers,
Safi

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Please use the MyFaces lists