Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2005/07/09 05:43:34 UTC

1.3 and 2.0 releases?

I know a few folks were expecting this note last Friday...
here's the scoop.

Jeff's patch to 2.0 was lovely.  What's not lovely is that the
chunked request processing has been hosed since at least 2.0.54.
As much as I'd rather just commit his patch and release, there
is a deeper problem going on that I'm investigating.

Some of it seems to have to do with trailers and expected <CRLF>
values.  I'm not certain the 2.0 filters are doing the right thing.
It seems that the 2.1 filters are correct.

Until I can get 2.0 to serve all my test cases, it's somewhat
pointless to push out a release.

On the 1.3 side, I only see one remaining issue <undisclosed>
which I'll commit on Monday and push that out the door.  I've
asked for votes on a few patches which are falling on deaf ears.
If you are a 1.3 user, please review.

Bill

Re: 1.3 and 2.0 releases?

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 7/8/05, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> I know a few folks were expecting this note last Friday...
> here's the scoop.
>
> Jeff's patch to 2.0 was lovely.  What's not lovely is that the
> chunked request processing has been hosed since at least 2.0.54.
> As much as I'd rather just commit his patch and release, there
> is a deeper problem going on that I'm investigating.

Please post a reproduction case so that we can determine if this is a
long-standing problem or a very recent regression.  Much of the crowd
isn't going to worry about shipping a new release which doesn't
correct a long-standing problem.

> Until I can get 2.0 to serve all my test cases, it's somewhat
> pointless to push out a release.

I am still up to the eyeballs with other stuff, and other people may
be as well since there hasn't been a lot of help with your patches.
Consider limiting your concern to regressions over the past couple of
releases and publicized security issues and forget absolutely
everything else, if it is important to get a release out within the
week.

Respectfully,

Jeff