Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mi...@actuera.nl on 2002/07/01 15:32:50 UTC

Strange things with virutal hosts

Hello people,

Recently I have migrated my Mandrake 7.1 machine to another machine that
now is running Slackware 8.1.
After alot of kicking cursing and calling names I got it mostly to work,
except for this strange behaviour:
The machine is running different virtual hosts, say
develop, test, forreal

The main document is 'forreal' which everybody will see even if they call
the site by IP number.
When I do "http://develop/" I get the 'forreal' site. (Which I don't want
right then, right there)
However when I do "http://develop/index.html" I get the right 'develop'
site.

I've been trying and looking at many places, but there does not appear to
be something covering this problem... (or I am blind, which is very well
possible, since it's monday over here)

I am running Apache 1.3.24, on Slackware 8.1, kernel 2.4.18, with a barrel
of beer...

Thanks if you can help me out, I'm a bit confuzzled,
Michiel