Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2010/08/22 22:48:23 UTC

[VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.1-beta2 release based on RC1

Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core
4.1-beta2. The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes
from HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.

Packages:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.1-beta2/

Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.1-beta2/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Maven artefacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-132/

SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/tags/4.1-beta2-RC1/

 Vote:  HttpComponents Core 4.1-beta2 release
 [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Core 4.1-beta2.
 [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.1-beta2 release based on RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 August 2010 17:03, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 16:52 +0100, sebb wrote:

>> > The hashes all seem to be wrong - both MD5 and SHA1.
>> > The sigs (.ASC) are OK.
>> >
>> > Rather odd, as the non-Maven hashes are OK, and presumably the same
>> > version of Maven was used to create them?
>>
>> I've asked about this on the repository list, and have been told:
>>
>> 1) Don't use Maven 2.2.0
>
> And what version are we supposed to use?

2.2.1 was released in Aug 2009.

One of the fixes it included was:
MNG-4235 - [regression] Maven 2.2.0 produces invalid checksums during
deployment to secured HTTP repo
That would explain why only the Maven checksums are wrong.

I'm fairly sure 2.2.1 is the version I use  - I can check later.

>> 2) Nexus is supposed to check the hashes, and will report an error
>> when the repo is closed. Did you see any such error?
>>

> No, I did not. I am reasonably sure there were no error messages.

OK, thanks.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.