Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gigi <gi...@libero.it> on 2003/03/12 09:27:32 UTC

Tomcat 4 and IIS 5

Dear Sirs, I'm trying to configure Tomcat to run under IIS and to solve my domain without ":8080"

I installed correctly the isapi_redirector.dll and installed under IIS, I configured workers.properties and uriworkermap.properties but the system doesn't solve the Java scripting. If I write the same directory with ":8080" everything it's ok.
The problem is present also for the tomcat examples page.

Could you please help me?

Thanks
Emanuele

      Emanuele Boccaletti
      - ITALY -

      Guerra grande nessuno fa...

Unable to authenticate using JDBCRealm

Posted by Uddhav Shirname <ud...@persistent.co.in>.
Hi,
   I have unencrypted passowords stored in database. I want users to be
authenticated using DIGEST scheme specified in web.xml. I am unable to do
this. Has anyone been able to succefully use JDBCRealm for DIGEST
authnenticatoin?(BASIC authn with JDBCRealm works fine). I am using Tomcat
4.1.18. Follwing are my configuration settings.

  server.xml:
  ----------
      <Realm
         className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
         debug="99"
         driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
         connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@lohgad:1521:dsoft"
         connectionName="uddhav"
         connectionPassword="uddhav"
         userTable="tab_users"
         userNameCol="user_name"
         userCredCol="user_pass"
         userRoleTable="tab_user_roles"
         roleNameCol="role_name" />

   web.xml:
   ---------
<login-config>
        <auth-method>DIGEST</auth-method>
        <realm-name>OnJava Application</realm-name>
    </login-config>

Thanks,
Uddhav

Re: Tomcat 4 and IIS 5

Posted by Konrad Rusz <ko...@ogumienie.pl>.
Hello.

You ought to type proper entries in two files: 'uriworkermap.properties' and
'web.xml' (that file is placed in %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF
directory). In these files You should  type what do You want redirect to
Tomcat, for instance:
if we wish redirect the whole contents under URL:
http://www.test.it/servlet/ we must do:
1. in Site (in IIS) that serve URL: www.test.it  we adding Virtual Site
which name is 'jakarta' (we have to set path for 'jakarta' to directory when
we put our 'isapi_redirect.dll');
2. in 'uriworkermap.properties' we must type something as this:
    #
    # Default worker to be used through our mappings
    #
    default.worker=ajp13

    #
    # Sites to be redirected to Tomcat
    #
    /examples=$(default.worker)
    /examples/*=$(default.worker)
    /servlet/*=$(default.worker)

3. in web.xml we must type:

    <!DOCTYPE web-app

    <web-app>

         <servlet-mapping>
            <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
            <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

    </web-app>

4. restart Your Tomcat and IIS, of course.

Good luck and regards,
Konrad Rusz