Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Björn Hagemeier <b....@fz-juelich.de> on 2007/12/18 14:30:02 UTC

Monitoring

Hi all,

we're using Ode to orchestrate services in the ServiceMix JBI
environment. This is working ok and we're able to send Ode events to a
monitoring component on the bus. This is done via OdeEventListener
hooked into the deployed Service Engine. In order to track groups of
events belonging to the same process, we attach a property to the
message exchange that initiates the process instance. So far so good.

Now my observation: the property attached to the message still exists
and is propagated to our monitoring component with each OdeEvent. This
works exactly until the first BPEL »invoke«, which still contains our
property. All following events don't carry the property anymore, but we
would have expected them to. Does anyone on the list have an idea what
we can do about it?

Best regards,

Björn
--
Dipl.-Inform. Björn Hagemeier

Distributed Systems and Grid Computing
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)

Phone: +49 2461 61 1584
Fax  : +49 2461 61 6656
Email: B.Hagemeier@fz-juelich.de
Skype: bhagemeier
http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Re: Monitoring

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Björn Hagemeier <b....@fz-juelich.de>
wrote:

> I know it's been a while, but I'm looking into this issue once more.
> What exactly did you mean by "add custom message headers and explicitly
> map between them". My assumption is:
>
> custom message header == property on ODE MessageExchange ??? That's
> what    we did, anyway.
> explicitly map between them: where would we do that?

What I meant is WSDL parts mapped into the header.  See
http://www.intalio.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1485

And using regular BPEL assignments to carry header information from one
message to another.

alex

Re: Monitoring

Posted by Björn Hagemeier <b....@fz-juelich.de>.
Hi Alex,

I know it's been a while, but I'm looking into this issue once more.
What exactly did you mean by "add custom message headers and explicitly
map between them". My assumption is:

custom message header == property on ODE MessageExchange ??? That's
what 	we did, anyway.
explicitly map between them: where would we do that?

Thanks,
Björn

--
Dipl.-Inform. Björn Hagemeier
Juelich Supercomputing Centre

Phone: +49 2461 61 1584
Fax  : +49 2461 61 6656
Email: b.hagemeier@fz-juelich.de
Skype: bhagemeier
WWW  : http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc

JSC is the coordinator of the
John von Neumann Institute for Computing
and member of the
Gauss Centre for Supercomputing

Re: Monitoring

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.