Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Victor_Cr <vi...@zoral.com.ua> on 2007/04/25 07:38:15 UTC

How to create ad insertion order?

Hi All,

I am trying to use OFBiz for an advertising agency. Most of OFBiz functionality are useful, but advertisement has a special order (insertion order). So question is: what existent entity (or entities) should I use for creating insertion order, or I have to implement new entity for that?

Short description: An Insertion order is a document that specifies the dates and scope of a media buy. Used in print, online, and broadcast media. It is governed by a Terms and Conditions document.

Example of abstract insertion order fields:
  a.. Advertiser information (OFBiz party)
  b.. Customer information (OFBiz party)
  c.. Payment type:
    a.. Credit - customer pays each month for sold products. It means that advertiser gets money for each sold item (by coupon, certificate or etc.)
    b.. Prepaid - default behavior, when customer pays for a campain.
    c.. Prepaid-Refund - the same as "Credit", but customer make a prepayment. In this case customer has allowability to get money back.
  d.. Ad optional measurement:
    a.. Size - ad cost could be depends on size, could be either real size (sq inch, sq cm, sq meter, etc) or relative size (points, blocks, columns, etc)
    b.. Word count - ad cost could be depends on word count.
    c.. Show time - ad cost could be depends on time, in which give ad was shown (banners, TV ad, radio ad, big-boards, etc)
    d.. Ad location - ad cost could be depends on location, for big-boards it could be city center, park or deluxe hotels; for banners it could be main page, on top, etc.
  e.. Ad required attribute:
    a.. Ad campaign start date - when ad will be shown first time.
    b.. Ad campain end date - when ad will be shown last time.
    c.. Insertion order end date - when insertion orders are complete, this date almost equivalent "ad campain end date", but sometime campain could continues after last shown date. For example, promo codes or certificates which can be using after advertisement.
Thanks,

Best regards,
Victor Polischuk

Re: How to create ad insertion order?

Posted by Victor_Cr <vi...@zoral.com.ua>.
Hi, Phani...

Could you explain your point more detailed?

I need to have advanced sales order. This order has more than one expiration
time, ability to change own money amount depends on external event sources
(not e-commerce only).

Regards,
Victor Polischuk

Posted by "G.Venkata Phanindra" <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi ...
did u check the concept of promotions in ofbiz for your requirement.... If i

--
G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989

Re: How to create ad insertion order?

Posted by Victor_Cr <vi...@zoral.com.ua>.
Thank you Anil,

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.
Victor,
I think the Entities in Ofbiz should work for you. Your requirements are for
a Sales Order. The Advertiser and Customer are Roles of Party with Order.
There is a functional Billing Account system, you may also want to look at
the Financial Account enhancements made these days. Ad Optional Measurements
are attributes of Product, for this you may want to use Extend Entity
feature of entity engine. Ad start date and end date is schedule data, in
ofbiz its preferred to store this data in WorkEffort Entity. you may want to