Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sam Ewing <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/08 20:17:06 UTC

webapp + apache (1.3/2.0) + ssl

Anyone with experiences to share?

>From what I could figure out, I need to do a
'SSLEngine on' in the virtualhost in httpd.conf.

Do I need to have two WARP connectors defined? On for
the SSL and one for non-SSL servlets?

Re: webapp + apache (1.3/2.0) + ssl

Posted by Joseph Molnar <jo...@hotmail.com>.
> From what I could figure out, I need to do a
> 'SSLEngine on' in the virtualhost in httpd.conf.

Yup, that is an Apache thing (need a few other things too)

> Do I need to have two WARP connectors defined? On for
> the SSL and one for non-SSL servlets?

Yes, because you want to make sure that you have the appropriate config
setup in the server.xml files (ie making sure it reports back it is
secure)..

Have a look here:

http://www.codesta.com/knowledge/technical/tomcat_warp_apache/

It covers all of this for you (this is for Apache 1.3x).