Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/09 12:47:56 UTC

[build-test] Current status - docs. was updated, testing is started (was: ant version support)

Hi all,

I've updated the build-test page [1] with the last information. This
is sill a draft page - I'm going to do more updates. Please feel free
to improve the language, add missed important details and so on.

I'd suggest renaming the page to "Testing". Objections?

I'm going to test the current infra with the whole set of test suites
and add to the page the best know practices and how to setup integrity
and snapshot testing. Also I think it will be good to have a brief
description for each suite/scenario. I know that there are wiki pages
for some of them. We may add links from the page[1] to wiki.

The additional task for me is to test the current infra with ANT 1.7.
Also I have a list of future improvements but they have lower priority
.So if I have a time I'll refactor configuring CruiseControl to make
it simpler, remove several workarounds and implement features like
common for all suites JRE home, dynamic update of testing env. and so
on.

If you have any suggestions, comments, thoughts and so on this is a
right time to speak up!

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/buildtest/index.html

Thanks,
Stepan.

On 3/31/08, Nathan Beyer <nb...@gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Stepan Mishura
> <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Our BTI scripts was not tested with v1.7. So I'm 100% not sure that
> >  moving to the new ANT's version will be smooth. Also currently I'm
> >  refactoring the scripts and need some  to test them with ANT 1.7. Is
> >  it possible to wait with the change and let me to complete refactoring
> >  and testing with 1.7? (I do hope to complete refactoring this week,
> >  and for testing I need ~ 1-2 days). Does this work for you?
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >  Stepan.
>
> Sure, that's fine. Let me know when you're ready. I'll go ahead and
> start updating doc in preparation.
>
> -Nathan
<SNIP>