Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/12/31 20:20:57 UTC

CVS commit messages.

Some people may not know this yet, so I am posting here.  I am not
accepting commit messages until I know that the mail stuff is working
correctly.  In my opinion, it is much better to delay people getting
commit messages than for people to not get them at all.  It seems that the
move to the new machine has done something to the CVS mail list for APR,
Brian is looking into this right now, so we should find it soon.  However,
if you make a commit and the log message doesn't come through right away,
don't worry.  We are looking into the problem, but it may take a while to
fix it completely.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: CVS commit messages.

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
The reason to not accept them, was simple.  If I accepted them, they
didn't get to the list any sooner, and I took the chance that they may not
make it at all.  This is a non-issue now, because they are all gettting
through now.

Ryan

On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> The old messages aren't going to suddenly get unblocked, will they? It seems
> prudent to go ahead and let those through (with the magic to let future ones
> through).
>
> IOW, I'm not sure that I see the value of *not* sending them.
> [ while I *do* see the value of sending them sooner rather than later ]
>
> Cheers,
> -g
>
> On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 11:20:57AM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > Some people may not know this yet, so I am posting here.  I am not
> > accepting commit messages until I know that the mail stuff is working
> > correctly.  In my opinion, it is much better to delay people getting
> > commit messages than for people to not get them at all.  It seems that the
> > move to the new machine has done something to the CVS mail list for APR,
> > Brian is looking into this right now, so we should find it soon.  However,
> > if you make a commit and the log message doesn't come through right away,
> > don't worry.  We are looking into the problem, but it may take a while to
> > fix it completely.
> >
> > Ryan

> > Ryan Bloom                        	rbb@apache.org
> > 406 29th St.