Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martin Torre Castro <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2009/08/22 18:30:07 UTC

BeanDisplay not showing some props

Hi everyone:

I have a problem with beandisplay. I tried at first the most easy version, and appeared the information of only some fields. My problem is that the Long Objects from the methods I use don't appear on the screen neither their labels. I have some date on Calendar Object and it doesn't work as well.

I googled for some info and used the 'add' parameter for the beandisplay, but didn't work. I looked a bit more and found two variants which are showing only the labels :(.

This is my code:

 t:type="Layout" t:pageTitle="title" xmlns:p="tapestry:parameter">

  		<t:beandisplay object="incid" add="idAlta, idBaja, date">
 			   <t:parameter name="${messages:id-label}">${prop:incid.empAlta.idEmp}</t:parameter>
 			   <t:parameter name="${messages:id-label}">${prop:incid.empBaja.idEmp}</t:parameter>
 			   <t:parameter name="${messages:date-label}">${prop:incid.date.time}</t:parameter>
 		</t:beandisplay>

 		<t:beandisplay object="incid" add="idAlta, idBaja, date">
 		</t:beandisplay>

     I can make some arrangements for the Calendar to convert to String in the own object and show, by not for the another. Why does none of them work???

Thank you everyone!

¿Quieres los nuevos emoticonos en 3D? ¡Descárgatelos gratis!
http://www.vivelive.com/emoticonos3d/index2.html

RE: BeanDisplay not showing some props

Posted by Martin Torre Castro <ma...@hotmail.com>.
   The setter exists and is public. I think the point of the problem is that I access to a related POJO. 'Incidencia' is the class being showed at the bean display and I'm trying to show a foreign key, which is the id of an object with the relation ("Incidencia <-> @ManyToOne <-> Empleado) .
   I'm showing a property of the Empleado related to the incidencia (incidenciaName.empleadoRelated.property). The getter is ok, because it's working perfectly when I show the 'Empleado' in another page and the ${incidencia.empleado.idEmp} does work out of the beandisplay.

   The showing Calendar issue must be about the bean display not supporting the Calendar class, but with the getTime I understand it shouw work in this way
${calendarName.time} showing this as a Date. What I'm doing wrong?

> [...]
> fields properties which have a non public or non existent setter?  If
> so, try making a public setter for that value and see if it shows up.
>
> I am still learning Tapestry so I'm sorry I can't help further than that.
>
> Cheers,
> Pete Poulos
>

> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Martin Torre Castro<ma...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >   Oks, Sebastian, this is the class of 'incid'. Here you are. I'm sorry about the format, but hotmail's editor sucks :-(
> >
> > @Entity
> >
> > public class Incidencia {
> >   private Long numIncidencia;
> >   private String nombre;
> >   private Calendar date;
> >   private String desc;
> >   private Empleado empAlta, empBaja;
> >   private Sala sala;
> >
> >   public Incidencia() {}
> >
> >   public Incidencia(String nombre, Calendar date, String desc,
> >                        Empleado empAlta, Sala sala) {
> >      super();
> >      this.nombre = nombre;
> >      this.date = date;
> >      this.desc=desc;
> >      this.empAlta=empAlta;
> >      this.sala=Sala;
> > }
> >
> > @Column(name="idIncidencia")
> > @SequenceGenerator(name = "idIncidenciaGenerator", sequenceName = "IncidenciaSeq")
> > @Id
> > @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.AUTO, generator = "idIncidenciaGenerator")
> > public Long getNumIncidencia() {
> >       return numIncidencia;
> > }
> >
> > @ManyToOne(optional=false, fetch=FetchType.EAGER)
> > @JoinColumn(name="idSala")
> > public Sala getSala() {
> >      return sala;
> > }
> >
> > @ManyToOne(optional=false, fetch=FecthType.EAGER)
> > @JoinColumn(name="idEmpAlta")
> > public Empleado getEmpAlta() {
> >     return empAlta;
> > }
> >
> > @ManyToOne(optional=false, fetch=FecthType.EAGER)
> > @JoinColumn(name="idEmpBaja")
> > public Empleado getEmpBaja() {
> >     return empAlta;
> > }
> >
> > public Calendar getDate() {
> >      return date;
> > }
> >
> > @Column(name="descripcion")
> > public String getDesc() {
> >     return desc;
> > }
> >                                      /* ALL THE SETTERS DOWN HERE */
> > }
> >> Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 18:37:56 +0200
> >> From: usenet@laliluna.de
> >> To: users@tapestry.apache.org
> >> Subject: Re: BeanDisplay not showing some props
> >>
> >> Hello Martin,
> >> I think you need to provide the bean as well.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Best Regards / Viele Grüße
> >>
> >> Sebastian Hennebrueder
> >> -----
> >> Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence

Comparte las noticias que te interesan. Con MSN Reporter puedes compartir con otros internautas las noticias que más te interesan, y votar las que otras personas han destacado.
http://reporter.es.msn.com/?days=1&view=News

Re: BeanDisplay not showing some props

Posted by Pete Poulos <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Torre Castro <ma...@hotmail.com>.