Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Preißer <ve...@t-online.de> on 2012/05/19 02:04:14 UTC

Tomcat SPDY Connector

Hi!

I'm currently experimenting with developing a .Net SPDY Client / IIS SPDY Redirector (written in C#) that could be used as a possible replacement over AJP, to forward HTTP requests from IIS to Tomcat (some time ago I mentioned that I might look into writing such a client when I had some spare time [1] - which is the case now ;) ).
It is based on Draft3 of the SPDY specification [2], which names the protocol "spdy/3".

Currently I'm testing the client with Google servers which support both "spdy/2" and "spdy/3". I'd also like to test it with Tomcat. I don't know much about Tomcat's code/architecture, but from looking at the SPDY code from Tomcat trunk [3], it seems that Tomcat is currently only supporting spdy/2, but not spdy/3. Is this correct?

If yes, are there already plans to implement spdy/3? (The main difference between SPDY v2 and v3 is the addition of flow control, which I think is important when using SPDY as server-to-server protocol, to prevent flooding the intermediate server with messages if it has a slow connection to the actual client.)

Thanks!

Regards,
Konstantin Preißer

[1] http://markmail.org/message/jvaztqpl7vba7jn7